GETTING A SLOT & PERFORMING AT ILUVLIVE
Acts usually do three tracks and can play with their own or our house band (keys, drums and bass but the keyboard player also programmes sounds into a digi box that he triggers via keyboard). If acts are playing with the house band, they upload their tracks to our private soundcloud, the band learn them and the act gets a 15 minute run through at sound check. It sounds risky but we very rarely have any problems (yes the band are that good!). There is the option of organising your own rehearsal with the band prior to the show but this would be at your own expense.
Acts can also play acoustic sets or with their own musicians or a mixture of both. The only thing we specify is no backing tracks.
If you want to perform at ILUVLIVE please fill in the submission form
You will then be added to the act log and listened to at our next music meeting.
- We currently receive around 40 submissions a month with only 5 slots available.Things that will help your cause are radio and video plays, evidence of previous live shows and a following, record company and /or press interest.
- We are always booked up at least two months in advance. We do occasionally get cancellation slots but these are rare and we always have a waiting list of acts already booked that want to be brought forward.
- We listen to everything that comes in but cannot respond to queries regarding individual acts. Your details will be added to our act log and if you don’t hear from us, it means you have not been selected to perform at this juncture.
- You can always resubmit when you have new material so do not be put off if you do not hear back from us the first time.
- We are sorry we can’t be of any further help but we are a small team trying to run what is becoming an increasingly complex and time- consuming brand
60 SECOND OPEN MIC
By far, the quickest and easiest way to get a slot at ILUVLIVE is to do the open mic. You just sign up on the night and the act most popular with the audience wins the opening slot at the next event. You get 60 seconds and you can do your thing accapella or ask the band to join in. The band may just pick up the vibe from you or you can offer them some direction
(i.e. ask them to drop a hip hop/grime/dubstep/soul etc vibe)
We have 12 slots on each event and these often get taken before the show starts so if you want to do the open mic get there before 8pm and ask at the door for the open mic sheet when you arrive. You cannot sign up for it in advance.